This Raw Carrot Cake tastes just like the baked version (if not Better). Nutritious and delicious, this guilt-free dessert will satisfy any sweet tooth. Refreshing yogurt frosting compliments this cake perfectly and is sure to impress your friends and family. Great for any occasion, this recipe is a true winner!
Raw Carrot Cake Ingredients:
3 cups shredded carrots (about 1 lb.)
8 oz. (about 1 cup) pitted dates
1 cup raw walnuts
2/3 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
1 tsp. ground cinnamon
1/2 inch piece of fresh ginger
1/4 tsp. ground nutmeg
1/4 tsp. turmeric powder
pinch of salt
Yogurt Frosting Ingredients:
2 cups vanilla flavored Greek yogurt
1/4 cup unsweetened shredded coconut
3 Tablespoons Maple syrup ( honey, or agave nectar can be substituted)
for the raw carrot cake
- Place carrots in food processor and process for one minute to reduce their size. Leave carrots in food processor.
- Add all of the other ingredients and process until well-blended.
- Press mixture into an 8-inch baking pan and carefully cut into desired portions.
- Cover and place in fridge for at least 4 hours to set.
- Top with Yogurt Frosting just before serving (recipe below).
for the yogurt frosting
- Strain yogurt using a cheesecloth or fine-mesh strainer over a small bowl, cover and leave to strain for at least two hours or preferably overnight. This step is key for a creamy texture.
- Whisk the coconut and Maple syrup together.
- Add strained yogurt and whip until well incorporated.
- Use a spatula to spread frosting on pieces of cake. Serve immediately.
For a smoother frosting, process the 1/4 cup shredded coconut to a finer texture before mixing with Maple syrup.