Friday, February 20, 2015

Online Inspirations

Assalamu alaikum Homemakers!

Insha'Allah all is well with you and yours.

I wanted to share the names of some Muslims online who I have personally benefited from Alhamdulillah. I have a confession, I don't really like chores, ok maybe that's not such a big confession but it's important for me to find interesting and entertaining ways to help me get through daily chores. One way I do this is by listening to lectures. I try not to play music, TV or movies because I find it more distracting than anything else. So, here are some Muslim speakers I find engaging and helpful, insha'Allah you will too :)



1. Nouman Ali Khan:


This Brother is AMAZING masha'Allah, he gives practical advice, he's funny, and down to Earth. He has a lot of videos touching on so many different topics....insha'Allah in the near future I'll make a "top 5" list of his videos. In the meanwhile here is one of his lectures I found so motivating, particularly as a newly wed (the video quality itself is not too great but the lecture can be very beneficial for married as well as unmarried people).





2. Yasmin Mogahed


This Sister shares so many pearls of wisdom in her lectures masha'Allah. Sister Yasmin has a way of putting things that really causes me to reflect, her analogies are truly thought provoking. I will share one of my favorites here




3. Imam Khalid Latif


Imam Khalid Latif is Executive Director and Chaplain for the Islamic Center at New York University. I find his lectures both entertaining & informative, Imam Latif speaks eloquently, he makes a lot of appearances in the media, most recently he spoke with Katie Couric in regards to President Obama's press release on Feb 18th, 2015. Below is one of my favorite lectures by Imam Khalid Latif.






These are my top three Muslims to listen to. I also listen to Joel Osteen from time to time, I find him to be  a Protestant version of Nouman Ali Khan :) sharing very inspirational and practical words or wisdom masha'Allah. I'd love to hear who you listen to, whether its while cleaning/cooking like me or whenever, who have you benefited from online?

No comments:

Post a Comment