Friday, June 7, 2013

Buttercream Burfi Recipe

Assalamu'alaikum,


I am in my third trimester of pregnancy (Alhamdulillah) and have been craving one of my own creations; Buttercream Burfi! Here's the recipe to this sweet treat...





Sooji Burfi (I used manjulaskitchen.com recipe for this, you may want to double the sooji from half a cup to one cup if you like thicker burfi's)

for the Buttercream....
1 TBSP cocoa
1 TBSP + 1tsp Milk
2TBSP butter, softened
1/3 cup confectioner sugar (I milled regular sugar to make it into a powder)
tip of the tsp vanilla powder or 1/2 tsp vanilla extract

14 almonds soaked overnight and then peeled and chopped
1/4 cup shredded coconut flakes


I made the sooji as stated on the website provided (when you spread it out for making the burfi make sure its at least 1/2 an inch thick or more). I toasted the almonds and coconut separately for about 2-3 minutes watching carefully so they did not burn (I did this in a small toaster oven).

I then made the buttercream by whipping the butter and then adding the sugar, cocoa, vanilla powder. I added the milk in portions, you can add milk to your liking to make sure the frosting is not gritty. Then simply assemble and cut the burfi into diamond shapes :)

<3 Halal Homemaker

No comments:

Post a Comment