Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Organizing Shan Masala

Assalamu'alaikum!


For my first blog post I would like to start with how I have chosen to organize my Shan Masala (spice mixes). When I first started cooking Pakistani dishes I used Shan more often but with practice and growing familiarity with the different spices that frequent South Asian cuisine I have become less dependent on it. However, there are some dishes that just taste better with a Tablespoon or so of Shan!


Shan Masala organized


When my family and I visit Pakistan we usually stock up on different varieties of Shan. Upon returning home I'm left with the taunting task of organizing it all in my cupboards. This time around I decided to use office supplies and its working just great, check out the pics :)


1. Open the box along the edge, if using the accompanying recipe make sure you cut around the instructions. Sometimes the recipe is on the opposite side of the box, just cut it the same size as the front label and staple them together.



 2. I used small binder clips to clip the spices with their specific label. Even if you've used some of the spice mix you can easily clip the remaining portion.



3. Next, depending on how many Shan's you have you can use an appropriate sized Tupperware (or not) to sit the spices in....and you're done!

This really works well with the family sized packs too.




Voila! 



-Halal Homemaker <3


No comments:

Post a Comment